- Dues - $5/yr, due on January 1 of each year. Covers HIO Ins ($100/HIO), plus website and tech support.
- A GHIN established USGA handicap. You can purchase through Druid Hills Pro Shop. Renewed yearly.
- Members are responsible for posting all POETS scores, as well as all other rounds played, to the GHIN website. The TEAM CAPTAIN (the first name listed on the scorecard in your 4-some) is responsible for posting their 4-somes scores for that Friday. Team captain is also responsible for collecting entry fee ($8/person) from each player in the group. Scorecard turned in will be official scoring for the round and should be agreed upon by your group prior to submitting.
- Guest play is available when members have not filled the field. They must have a verifiable USGA handicap to compete. They may however play without a handicap, but are not eligible for the game of the day winnings.
- All FULL TIME MEMBERS are expected to participate on a regular basis.
- All subs will be included when full time members are absent, based on seniority until they move to full time status.
- Website http://www.poetsgolfclub.org will be used to post the weekly pairings of participants as well as the previous week’s results.
- Please communicate by email to Dan Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org or his designated assistant.
- Communication preferred by Sunday for Friday play.
- Final pairings are submitted Wednesday to Central Tee Times for Friday play.
- Check website Thursday for final pairings.
- Cancellations’ on Thursday must be done through Central Tee Times (484-3729) and Dan.
- Cancellations on Friday must be done through the course pro shop and and Dan.
- NO SHOWS are not acceptable and will be moved to substitute status.
- Emergencies are the exception! Please send explanation to Dan.
- Stroke play competition (individual net (5 places), individual gross (1st), 2 man team , individual net skins, individual gross skins, and proximity on 4 par 3’s($7 each).
- Weekly entry is $8, $2 toward individual, $3 toward team (5 places), $1 toward net skins, $1 toward gross skins, and $1 toward prox’s and golf mgt fee. We must have 20 or more players to have an official tournament with payouts. When the number of players competing falls below 35, we will only pay thru 4 places for individual net and team net.
- Payouts will be distributed on the next Friday of play.
- USGA rules govern play at all times, along with, the local rules posted at each course and published on the website under “local rules.” Communicate with your fellow competitors if you are unsure of a rule. Generally speaking, “if you do not know what to do, play 2 balls covering your options and get a ruling when finished.
- ESC, “equitable stroke control“, is in effect during play to help POP. Those not completing the hole or having a score greater than their ESC, should record their ESC score for the hole.
- LCP, “lift, clean, and place” is in effect when on cart paths only (CPO) on all holes. One standard grip length in mowed areas or further if conditions merit. Further movement will be announced on the day of competition.
- POP, “pace of play,” must be maintained. It is up to each foursome (as a group) to promote POP. Please follow the POP Guidelines as published on our webpage. KEEP UP WITH THE GROUP IN FRONT OF YOU. If your group is moved by the golf staff, all players in the group will record an ESC score for the holes not completed.
- Cancellation of play will be announced by email. This will be on Thursday up to 1 hour before play on Friday. Otherwise, we Play! Cancellation during play on Friday will be made and communicated by the manager of play that day.
- WD, “withdrawal from competition,” is in effect. If a player withdraws during play, his entry fee is forfeited unless play is officially canceled
- POET members are asked to check-in at the pro shop, warm-up, and be at your cart ready to play 20 minutes prior to your tee time.
- Scoring Tie Breakers follow USGA Guidelines starting with holes 10 thru 18.
Tee Usage “Play it Forward”
- We encourage players to use 4 sets of tees to enhance their enjoyment of the game.
- If you can not reach the par 4’s in 2 strokes, “play it forward.”
- If you are near the green in 1 stroke on the par 4’s, move back! Use common sense and enjoy the game, “Play well, Play Fair, Play Fast.”